What is a slab cake?
A Slab Cake usually refers to a large rectangular shaped single layer flat cake perfect for serving large groups of people.
How big are slab cakes?
- Full Slab cakes are usually about 30cm x 40cm
- Half slabs about 20cm x 30cm
How many serves per slab cake?
You can easily cut a slab cake into anywhere from 30 - 70 pieces depending on how big you want each serving size.
Here are some suggested cutting options
How to cut slab cakes?
- We recommend cutting cakes to desired portion size whilst the cake is still completely frozen.
- Use a hot knife rinsing & wiping excess off the knife after each slice with a paper towel before re-dipping into hot water again for the next slice.
How to thaw Slab Cakes
Frozen Slab Cakes are best thawed overnight in the refrigerator.
What flavours can I choose from?
Something to suit everyone including:
- Chocolate Mud
- Orange Poppyseed
- Salted Caramel
- Naked Un-Iced Chocolate or Vanilla
- Happy Birthday Chocolate Cake
- Black Forest Torte
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Sara Lee Mixed Berry Cheesecakes
- Sara Lee Chocolate Bavarian
- Chocolate Brownie
We also have a terrific range of Sara Lee Slab Danish for those that are looking for something a bit different.
What occasions are Slab Cakes Suitable For?
- Birthday Celebrations
- Slab Cakes are most suited to satisfying everyone at large birthday parties or celebrations.
- In Case of Emergency
- When visitors drop in unexpectedly you can simply cut a portion off to be sliced into individual serves and then keep the remainder frozen for the next occasion.
- Event Caterering
- Caterers use slab cakes all the time adding garnish to make each slice a delicious work of art.
- Fund Raising
- Many sporting groups, schools, church groups and other not for profit organisations buy slab cakes for fund raising events selling each slice for a profit.
- Weddings and Engagements
- They have even been used as a base for creating fantastic wedding cakes!
Where to buy slab cakes in Sydney?
You can order your slab cakes online from Padstow Food Service Distributors and arrange for delivery in the Sydney metro area.
Padstow Food Service also has a Factory Outlet Shop open to the public located at 2D Arab Road Padstow just near Padstow McDonald’s and around the corner from the new Bunnings Hardware on Fairford Road.
What do Slab Cakes cost?
Our slab cakes are fantastic value for money and range in price from around $30.00 to $40.00.
The half Slab Happy Birthday cakes are only $20.50 and serve 15 to 30 people
How to order Slab Cakes in Sydney
Ordering online is easy.
- Select your preferred cakes and add to cart
- Select Pick Up or Delivery
- Tell us what date you want them
- Check Out – that’s it!
If you have any further questions, please email our customer service team or Tel: (02) 9792 2170